Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy Mistake - Behind the Shot


This was a young deer on the walking path at Sheldon Marsh State Nature Preserve.  She glanced my way as I approached but kept foraging nonetheless.  My hope was to be able to pass without spooking her and then turn to get a back lit shot. That part worked out just fine as you can see.  Of course, I didn't check the photo at the time and only noticed after getting home what I had inadvertently done.  The camera was set to DX crop mode from the day before and I obviously didn't notice the outlined frame in the veiwfinder that should have been a clue it was not in FF mode.  So, when the picture was taken I thought I included the whole head to shoulders and was surprised to see this instead.  Not being what I had expected I was ready to trash the photo when it hit me that I really liked it.  This shot is more artsy than what I had originally planned. Definitely a less is more moment.  A happy mistake.

2 comments:

  1. I like "artsy" and I love this shot! The graceful curve of her neck and those beautiful big dark eyes. What's not to love? Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I'm glad you like it, too.

      Delete