Friday, December 4, 2015

Fly Me to the Moon


At 17:52 on 11/24/15 I took this photo.  What are the odds?  I'd been at the computer going over images and reading blogs I follow when all of a sudden I had an urge to step outside and shoot the moon.  It's something I like to do from time to time and hadn't done it for awhile so I stopped what I was doing, mounted the camera to the tripod and stepped outside.  The moon was above the horizon but had not yet cleared the trees that surround our backyard so I waited.  Just as soon as it was clear I pressed the remote once for Mirror Up, waited a couple seconds and pressed it again to trip the shutter.  When looking at the image on the camera screen to check for exposure it appeared as though a tree branch was over a small part of the moon so I took a couple more photos without the interference of the "tree branch".  Imagine my great surprise when viewing the images on the computer and learning the "tree branch" was really a jet plane racing to the moon.  This is by far the best moon shot I've ever done.     

1 comment:

  1. And by far one of the coolest happy-accident photo's yet! I love this shot!

    ReplyDelete