Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Surprised Doe in the Field - Behind the Shot


Earlier this month I was on vacation and it allowed me to get out of the house relatively early without having to get back home in time for work.  Rains had just passed through that morning and it was still overcast and rather gloomy but I was having a good time just being out.  I'd been in the field for awhile shooting birds, flowers, butterflies, and rain drops when I turned to start walking and this doe was right there.  She had her head down in the tall grass eating and I hurriedly tripped the shutter as her head and, more importantly, eye were still visible.  As soon as the mirror slapped she rose with a start and I quickly triggered the shutter again and got this image before she ran off.

No comments:

Post a Comment