Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Getting Closer

Nikon D750, Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 @ 500mm, 1/1600, f/5.6, ISO 100
There's a few birds that have crossed my path that I've not gotten a good photo of yet and the Northern Flicker is one of them.  You could call it one of my nemesis birds.  I saw this one at Ottawa Nat'l Wildlife Refuge this last weekend in heavy, dry brush so tried again for a good shot.  

The bird stayed on the ground in the thick stuff for a while so I waited patiently.  Eventually he flew to this tree (via heavy cover) and stuck like glue.  The tree is right at the edge of a creek and he is facing south where the sun was covered by clouds.  Try as I may I just couldn't get a clear, unobstructed shot so this will have to do for now.  I'm getting closer, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment