Monday, February 4, 2013

BEGINNINGS




In Dec 2010 I first picked up a DSLR and I'm still very surprised how it happened.  I was researching camera's as a Christmas gift for my wife.  I knew absolutely nothing about them but wanted to surprise her with a nice one.  She had taken a photography class some years earlier and really enjoyed it.  I remember her coming home talking about SLR's (she had a point & shoot - though I didn't know that's what it was at the time).  Not knowing what an SLR was I did a very brief online search and immediately dismissed the thought of her ever having one of those.  The body cost thousands and didn't even include the lens.  Are you kidding me?

Well, now several years later I wanted to surprise her with one so the search began and that's when it happened - I caught the photo bug and it hit me out of nowhere.  Heck, I hadn't even seen one of these camera's in real life yet as all my research had only taken place online at this point.  Well, I settled on a camera and a couple lenses for her and couldn't wait for them to arrive and when they did I unboxed them, charged the battery, mounted a lens and snapped away every chance I had (without her knowing) until I finally had to wrap them Christmas eve.  But I was hooked and there was no denying it.

After Christmas I was still grabbing the camera every chance I had so after about 3 weeks my wife said, "Why don't you just get your own?"  So I did.  The exact same kind but a different lens and I still am shooting, reading, and learning about all things photography.  I hope by sharing and interacting with others we will all benefit and have a good time doing so.

So you know what to expect, I hope to post at least once a week.  I have a full-time job that has been known to keep me away for 24+ hours at a time so a daily posting would be unrealistic at this time.  I'll try to post something once a week for now, even if it's just a picture.  If you take the time to leave a comment, I will do my best to take the time to respond.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you decided to start your own blog!! Can't wait to see what you post! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, inspired by you. I'm curious what I'll post as well.

    ReplyDelete